Sunday, August 8, 2010

...SURPRISE!!...

What a fun, and crazy weekend this was! I have been planning my husband's 30th surprise party for almost 2 months. And it finally happened this weekend. Well, his cake was not the only cake I did, take a look at my weekend adventures!

Here is my kitchen table on Saturday morning!
WOW....I could almost run a bakery in my house!
This was a simple, beautiful baby shower cake!
A bit odd for a baby shower, but I LOVED it.
The pink and black damask pattern, awesome!!

Then I did a simple baby shower, baby bootie cake.
This was a delicious Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate cake.
Chocolate cake with Chocolate buttercream filling and icing!
YUM!
And here you go....my husband's surprise topsy, turvy cake.
My inspiration, Sharon Zambito.
This is a copy of her cake that she has done before.
Thanks Sharon! Yours is much better, but not bad for my first attempt!
I made a chocolate cake with oreo buttercream filling for the bottom
Yellow, chocolate marble for the middle with chocolate buttercream
And everyone's favorite - almond with almond buttercream for the top.
The bottom and middle layers had styrofoam and cake.
I wanted to give the cake a little height,
a little to much in hind sight, but still neat.
Oh and we had 30 candles for him to blow out too!
Here I am with my kiddos who were angels at the restaurant!
Happy Birthday Chris!
THANKS to all our friends and family who came and celebrated with us!
Even though the birthday boy figured it out before the party,
he still was a good champ and didn't spoil it for me.
We all had a good laugh afterwards!

0 comments on "...SURPRISE!!..."

 

Angela Barton's Cakes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez