Wednesday, August 18, 2010

You've Got a Friend In Me...

"You've Got a Friend in Me"....Woody and Buzz that is. Did you know that Toy Story 3 is now the top grossing animated film of all time, closing in on the 1 billion dollar mark! A popular movie amongst many kids, including my own. This little boy, Liam, was celebrating his 3rd birthday with a Toy Story theme and according to his mom, he carries his Buzz and Woody toys everywhere he goes!

I made a chocolate cake with my chocolate buttercream as a filling and using the frozen buttercream transfer method I was able to recreate a picture of Buzz and Woody. Due to the size of the cake (9") and the details to both Woody and Buzz the characters are not quite as clear as I had wanted. But now I know for the next time, less is more! But I was able to draw them and when the birthday boy saw it he was all smiles!

Happy Birthday Liam!

0 comments on "You've Got a Friend In Me..."

 

Angela Barton's Cakes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez