I started this as a way to express my baking stories, struggles and successes, but I have not been a very good blogger. So one of my New Year's Resolutions is to be better about blogging. (Ha! We'll see!) I always had that goal each year growing up, keeping a journal. I would write daily for a few weeks, even a month, but then I would forget or get tired of it and it would sit in my dresser drawer for months on end. Then one day I'd set it out with hopes of starting again. And I would for a few days. But part of the problem was setting it next to my bed. I would start writing about my day and ever so slowly get tired and have to put the journal down. So maybe with blogging I won't get tired, I'll just forget again.
Speaking of New Year's Resolutions, here are mine:
1. Get in shape! I'm in a wedding in a May and we're attending another friends wedding in July, so I've got to get into a dress of some sort!
2. Be better organized around the house! Stay on top of the daily chores, don't get suckered into sitting on the couch when the kids go down for their afternoon naps. Then I really won't get anything done!
3. Be more crafty! I've got so many fun, crafty projects that I've been meaning to get started on, maybe I'll start Nicholas Baby scrapbook. He'll be 2 in July!
4. Be a way better, more organized mom! Yes, despite what some of you all might think, I do try each day to be hip, organized and fun. I guess what I'm trying to say is I really want to be one of those moms that everyone goes, "Wow, is she so put together and she has two kids!" I'm lucky if I get a shower or at least deodorant on each day!
5. Let's keep this list short and seem if I can get at least 2 or even 3 of these accomplished!
6. Oh yeah.....blog about my cakes!!
Wish me luck with the blogging. Keep checking up on my daily/weekly/or monthly updates on my cakes!