Sunday, March 14, 2010

Birthday Surprise

For some of you who follow my blog regularly you may remember my cake flop that happened back in the fall . Well I felt just absolutely awful for what happened to that cake and have been a nervous wreck ever since transporting stacked cakes. But I really wanted to make it up to her and create something special for either her anniversary, or birthday or special occasion. So with the help of her daughter we decided to do something special for her birthday.

I went with a new idea, fresh flowers.
With the help of some new fondant tools that Santa got me.

Here you can see the fondant pearl border that I made using some luster and pearl dust and my new bead maker. Fun!
And you can't go wrong with fresh flowers on a cake, they looked beautiful!

Hope the birthday girl was surprised and enjoyed her sweet treat!

0 comments on "Birthday Surprise"

 

Angela Barton's Cakes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez