Monday, August 15, 2011

Double Trees

I was asked by a former teacher of my husband's from high school to create a special dessert to honor her son and new daughter in law. They were married earlier this year out west and now she wanted to have a smaller celebration for close family and friends who were not able to make the long trip. Instead of a tiered "wedding cake" feel we decided on cupcake bites. Cupcake bites are my version of cake mixed with buttercream and dipped in chocolate twice. The neat part is they look like minature cupcakes! After making close to 100 here I stuck them on a tree form and filled in the "holes" with flowers.

Ta Da!

I also made, not pictured, about 3lbs of chocolate covered strawberries, dipped in white and semi sweet chocolate, YUM!

0 comments on "Double Trees"

 

Angela Barton's Cakes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez