Friday, November 18, 2011

Zebra Shoe

Here is a neat looking shoe, I mean cake, that I created for my first Facebook Order!! YES, after being in "business" for a few years and having started posting and sharing my work on Facebook, connecting with people, friends and even fans around the United States I was contacted to make a special cake. Romona Flowers, who is also a cake decorator in the Washington, DC area reached out to me to help with her daughters 20th Birthday. Her daughter attends UNC Charlotte where my husband works. We chatted some on Facebook and then she decided to have me make her daughter a special cake for her birthday. Mom liked the idea of a shoe,

a Chuck Taylor shoe.

This was a first for me, but I was up for the challenge. True story, I looked at a ton of pictures of shoe cakes and shoe pictures online. But the best thing I did was to take a trip to Rack Room Shoes and snap a few pictures and even trace the bottom of the shoe as a guide to cutting. And I'm so glad I did!!

My husband took the cake with him to work where the Birthday girl herself came and picked up the cake to share with her friends that evening.

Happy Birthday Kioko!

0 comments on "Zebra Shoe"

 

Angela Barton's Cakes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez