Monday, April 25, 2011

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!

I was so happy to be able to create this special

and sweet cake for a little girls 4th birthday.

She was in love with the movie Tangled, so the theme of her party was set. So to celebrate her birthday they did so at Pigtails and Crewcuts (a local children's hair salon) getting dolled up in princess outfits, with hair, nails and a little bit of makeup.

Yet another chance to work with PVC pipe! You can not understand how happy and excited I was to be able to work with this! I LOVE it, I feel like Buddy, from TLC The Cake Boss. Though, I'm not quite up to his level yet...
i'm getting there, baby steps! :-)
The PVC pipe is covered in rice krispies and then covered in fondant using some impression mats.
They finally get used, hooray!

And you can not forget the main characters,

Flynn and Rapunzel herself!

I had the rest of the character set, ordered for the little girl to play with after her party

Happy 4th Birthday Caroline!

0 comments on "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!"

 

Angela Barton's Cakes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez