Sunday, January 30, 2011

We're Off to See the Wizard...

I have to say this has been one of my most favorite cakes that I've done so far!! I was absolutely thrilled when I found out my niece wanted to have her cake to be a Wizard of Oz theme cake! My head was spinning with ideas, mostly yellow brick roads and ruby red shoes. But I absolutely fell in love with this cake I found online and just had to recreate it for her.

My husband's family came in from out of town to help celebrate her birthday and to also get the kids together. 7 kids all 4 years of age and under and one on the way! It was a crazy weekend, the kids had a blast playing together and we had a great time getting to play with them and see everyone again.

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is a sweet and precious little girl who will be turning 3 this week and what a way to celebrate it than with a cake like this!


The ruby red shoes were solid chocolate
and dusted with edible red disco dust!
Awesome stuff!





Happy 3rd Birthday Addie!


0 comments on "We're Off to See the Wizard..."

 

Angela Barton's Cakes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez