Sunday, January 9, 2011

Off to a Good Start. Welcome 2011!

My first cake for 2011!!

This was for a friends 30th (surprise) party!

I haven't seen her since we graduated high school

and that was over 10 years ago!

She looks just as stunning as she did when we were in high school and of course the big 3-0 is a big milestone in most of our lives, as most of our friends, including myself

have hit that milestone recently.


Her mom picked this design and I love how the fondant flowers turned out. Sorry for the grainy texture and poor lightning on this, the sun had gone down when I finally got around to taking the pictures. But I know she was surprised to see us and more surprised I made the cake for her!

Here's to 2011 and all that it will bring,

hopefully lots of cakes, cookies and cupcakes for everyone!!


And for those who don't know, ICES, the International Cake Exploratory Society is hosting their annual convention here in Charlotte, August 4-7 at the Charlotte Convention Center downtown. So for all my cake fans out there on Facebook, and here on my blog please take moment to look at the ICES website and if you remember in August to come down and just view the cake room if you can. Just getting the chance to see all these amazing and wonderful cakes not only from Charlotte, but from around the country and from around the world!


More ICES 2011 Convention news to follow!!




0 comments on "Off to a Good Start. Welcome 2011!"

 

Angela Barton's Cakes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez