Saturday, January 16, 2010

Baby Shower Cake

Here is a pretty baby shower cake for a mom to be who is having twins!
They don't know what they are having,
but their theme was baby birds and their colors were
lime green, hot pink and blue.
I hand made the baby birds nest out of chocolate Satin Ice Fondant and used my new hand held fondant gun that I got for Christmas (Thanks Nanny!) to create the twig branch effect around the nest. I patterned the birds using Wilton's Fondant Bird guide. The flowers were made to look 3D, however, I didn't make them earlier enough in the week so they were not quite as stiff as I had wanted them to be, but they turned out looking pretty good on the cake.
Congratulations!!

4 comments on "Baby Shower Cake"

Unknown on January 17, 2010 at 8:43 PM said...

Thats a great looking cake

Love
/jessica
Twin shower

mileestar on January 18, 2010 at 3:33 PM said...

What an absolutely beautiful and creative cake!

angelabarton on March 15, 2011 at 12:02 AM said...

Thank you for posting a comment on the blog! So sorry I just saw these old comment post!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog post buddy! Keep them coming... best cakes in la

 

Angela Barton's Cakes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez