Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cat in the Hat

I can not believe it, 4 years have come and gone by so fast! My little man is turning 4!! We decided to have his birthday at the house with the help of a few outdoor water toys to keep us cool! And boy did we need it, it was a mean 99 degrees with a heat index of over 100. But surprisingly enough there was a slight breeze and I think we did farely well in shading the backyard along with a few water sprays and a large water slide, (Thank You Nanny and Papa!) we did well! Nicholas' theme this year was Dr. Seuss, Cat in the Hat. They love watching the cat on PBS. And this was a way cool party, I enjoyed making all our red and white desserts!
Check it out for yourself!

Here is the big sheet cake for everyone to enjoy....Thank You to Wendy Baiamonte with Sweet Ideas, The Cake Shoppe for this inspiration!
This was my attempt at creating a 3D Cat in the Hat cake...and it supposed to be leaning. Not bad...huh?My Push Cake Pops...red and white theme...New cookie recipe, LOVE my new Cat in the Hat cookie cutter!Funny story....our nick names for our two little ones have always been Thing 1 and Thing 2. Well when they caught on to that and paired it with the show they were all over it! Both Thing 1 and Thing 2 have blue hair. I LOVED this idea of taking blue cotton candy and putting it on the cupcakes! Well about an hour before the party, I put together the cupcakes with the "hair" and welll....the blue cotton candy melted, so all the cupcakes look like they had a blue sugary mess on top. Lesson learned, Cotton Candy and 99 degree heat....no good!The final food table!Happy Birthday Nicholas!!

1 comments on "Cat in the Hat"

kj44 on August 3, 2013 at 3:50 PM said...

Love your cake and theme!! Can I ask where you got your number 4 cookie cutter?

Thanks!

 

Angela Barton's Cakes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez