Sunday, October 10, 2010

Wedding Day 10/10/10

Another fall wedding, and a perfect date to do so, 10/10/10. I was asked to make a wedding cake and favors for a wedding today. The groom is the son of my former piano teacher. The bride found me on Facebook via her fiance's page and asked me to help with a charity event last year in Rock Hill, The Chocolate Festival. Had a great time, and got to talking with the bride and she asked me to make their wedding cake as well as a few hundred cupcake bites! Yes a few hundred.
Here is the cake....
And here are the cupcake bites.
We decided to make 3 per guest, lemon, chocolate and red velvet.
3 x 150 boxes = 450 bites with a few extra left over. WOW....I have to say I've never made so many bites in such a short amount of time. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed making them, I find a sense of calm when I'm decorating and making treats and such. I do wish to say thank you to my husband and to my family for their support this week. I know our house/kitchen was turned upside down for a few days while boxes and boxes piled up and then a wedding cake on top of that. But in the end I was very happy and excited to help out such sweet dear friends of ours. And what a perfect day to get married, the weather was perfect and I'm sure the festivities afterwards with their family and friends was a blast!

Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. John Brandon Love!

2 comments on "Wedding Day 10/10/10"

sapphire on October 11, 2010 at 8:49 AM said...

Oh yum! We kinda missed out on the wedding cake since we did our civil wedding at a brunch place. It was a 10-10-10 wedding too.

angelabarton on October 18, 2010 at 11:26 PM said...

@Sapphire - Congratulations on your 10/10/10 wedding! I hope you all had a beautiful day!

 

Angela Barton's Cakes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez