Monday, October 24, 2011

Big News!

I posted earlier about entering a Bake Off competition in my neighborhood. CallonWood's First Annual Chili and Bake Off contest. A great fall day to have a Fall festival filled with a costume parade for the kids, bouncy houses, games, balloons and face painting. But the best part was the food tasting. There were adults who competed in the chili contest and kids and adults who participated in the baked good part. There was a winner in each category, $100 for each adult winner and a skate party at Kate's Skate in Indian Trail for the child winner.


I decided to just enter the bake off part and entered a new cupcake I had tried out with the family back in March. I first discovered this recipe via one of the many blogs I follow, originally named as an Irish CarBomb Cupcake, but for the family event I renamed it Guinness Chocolate Cupcake. A rich chocolate cupcake with the added flavor of a Guinness beer, but the best part is the icing! I had two different flavor icings for the event, vanilla buttercream for the kids, and Bailey's Irish Cream/Irish Whisky in a Cream Cheese Icing for the adults. YUMMY, that's all I have say!


Well...here I am in front of my table, I went with a fall pumpkin theme to my decor.

And after 2 1/2 hours of tasing from my fellow neighbors and friends, and everyone voting, my entry WON!

I am CallonWoods Pastry Chef 2011!

I might just have to add these cupcakes to my menu! And I might have to rename them as my $100 cupcakes!! Congratulations to all the other winners and their delicious sweets and chili.


0 comments on "Big News!"

 

Angela Barton's Cakes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez