Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy 70th Birthday!

This special cake was for a friend who was throwing a
surprise 70th birthday party for her close friend.
The family and her friends are BIG fans of my cupcake bites
so I decided to incorporate them on the cake.

I made the number 70 out of gumpaste
and painted it a bronze color
to go along with the fall feel I was going with, with the flowers.

I also did a brush embroidery technique on the sides of the cake.
After I drew the flowers on the side,
I took a damp paint brush
and pulled the edges of the design in toward the center.
First time trying this and I like the look,
needs more practice, but good first try!

Happy Birthday!

0 comments on "Happy 70th Birthday!"

 

Angela Barton's Cakes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez