Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Baby Shower Cake

Hello again!  I had yet another stacked cake to do this past weekend.  A friend of a friend got in touch with me about making a baby shower cake based on a design she saw on the web.  She found this beautiful cake at Cake America
Here is my attempt at recreating the cake.
Here is another picture with the invitation she had picked out.
The cake was a 10 inch Chocolate cake with Raspberry filling, 8 inch White Almond Sour Cream cake with almond buttercream, topped with a 6 inch lemon cake and lemon buttercream. Accented with marshmallow fondant pieces.   More to do, I've got a big cake order to do this weekend for a charity/awareness event.  I'll post more details and pictures next week! 

4 comments on "Baby Shower Cake"

A mommy's quest for a bigger plate... on January 23, 2009 at 9:08 PM said...

Cute cake chick! Way to go!

angelabarton on January 27, 2009 at 11:23 PM said...

Thanks! I had fun decorating it, it took some time, but it was very simple to do!

Sugary Flower on January 23, 2011 at 1:49 AM said...

I think you did a great job; well done!

angelabarton on March 15, 2011 at 12:03 AM said...

Thank You Sugary Flower - so sorry, just saw your post today!

 

Angela Barton's Cakes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez