Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy Birthday!

For a wonderful and supportive family of my cake business. I was asked to make a simple but girly cake for mom. As you can see in the picture, I decided to create one of the many versions of what we cake artists like to call a fantasy flower. Something like this, which is simple, but not really a technical flower of sorts.

I went with a yellow orange color for the flower (you can't tell in the photo) but a color that would pop against the chocolate icing. This was my chocolate cake with oreo buttercream filling and chocolate buttercream. I also created a whimsical look with the beaded edge around the cake.

I heard from the family that the cake was throughly enjoyed by everyone, including mom!




Happy Birthday Yvonne!!

0 comments on "Happy Birthday!"

 

Angela Barton's Cakes Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez